Tomato Elephant Studio is an established name in the field of technology training, specialising in Drupal content management and user experience system, Bootstrap front-end framework, and Gitlab DevSecOps platform.
With years of experience, we have developed custom courses that cater to the diverse needs of our clients, ensuring that they receive the knowledge and skills they need to excel in their respective fields. Our training programs are designed to be both informative and engaging, providing participants with hands-on experience and real-world scenarios to help them understand the concepts better.
Additionally, we host free training and contribution events in Brisbane, Australia, which has been a huge success since 2012.
- Each module lasts a day
4-5 hours of training + 1-2 hours of optional homework.
- 1 month developer environment access
Each student will receive a Drupal 9/10 online environment.
- Digital training materials
Instructional material and post course material is provided.
Delivered via Google Meet
- Onsite training is possible.
Conditions apply. Minimum number of people: 3
Our Drupal development pathway is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to extend Drupal, build custom modules and themes for Drupal websites.
Our Drupal migration pathway provides comprehensive training on migrating websites to Drupal, including planning, execution, and troubleshooting of the migration process.
Our Drupal administration pathway is designed to help you become proficient in managing, maintaining, and optimising Drupal websites, ensuring that they perform at their best at all times.
- Module C1. Drupal data structures and content types basics.
Custom blocks, basic content, taxonomies, basic layouts, SEO basics, appearance.
- Module C2. Drupal data structures and content types advanced.
Block types, extending taxonomies, additional fields, basic views, extended SEO.
- Module C3. Manipulations and content layouts.
Complex views, bootstrap basics, building complex elements: sliders, accordions.
- Module C4. Data reporting for content editors.
In depth views: complex queries, data manipulation and display.
- Module C5. Webforms for content editors.
In depth webforms: building quizzes, calculators, webform permissions.
- Module C6. Bootstrap for content editors.
Deep dive into content creation with the world most used frontend framework.
- Module A1. Drupal administrator basics.
Managing blocks, basic data structures, basic layouts, basic views administration, URL management.
- Module A2. Drupal administrator advanced.
Paragraphs, complex data structures, advanced views administration, configuration management
- Module A3. User management.
Users, user roles, permissions, access control, extending users and authentication process.
- Module A4. Extending drupal.
Updates. Building and using tools for administrators: audit, reports. Protecting content.
- Module A5. Drupal as content storage. Building API and decoupled Drupal.
Exposing data via APIs, using data exposed via APIs, documenting APIs.
- Module A6. Data reporting for administrators.
In depth views: complex queries, aggregation, access, extending views.
- Module A7. Webforms and surveys for administrators.
In depth webforms: configuration management, access, conditionals, triggers, extending webforms.
Prerequisites: C1-C2, A1-A2.
- Module D1. Drupal module development basics.
Using git, using drush, using composer, module anatomy, scaffolding, configuration, hooks, permissions.
- Module D2. Drupal module development advanced.
Symfony, admin forms, plugins, fields, frontend, security basics for developers.
- Module D3. Drupal theme development.
Using drush, theme anatomy, sub theming, starter kit, using front end libraries, SCSS.
- Module D4. Contributing back.
Updating documentation, using drupal.org and gitlab, contributing to core and modules.
- Module D5. Testing.
Writing and running tests in modules, using phpunit and phpcs, frontend testing (Cypress.io), accessibility testing.
- Module D6. Hosting Drupal.
Hosting considerations, using Gitlab CI for continuous integration and delivery.
- Module M1. Drupal data migration basics.
Feeds, migrating simple data, users and taxonomies in multiple formats, entity reports.
- Module M2. Drupal data migration advanced.
Migrate API, using drush, migration rollback, complex data migrations (paragraphs, redirects).
- Module M3. Preparing data for migration.
Data transformation, preparing data migration from various sources.
- Module M4. Drupal 7 to Drupal 10 migration.
Database to database migration.